Careful selection of high-quality sites results in a clinical trial that is more likely to finish on time, on budget, and with minimal variability in its dataset. We know how important it is for us to deliver these requisites of a successful clinical program, and OraNet was created to assure this standard of excellence.
OraNet is an international network of over 300 investigative sites (US, Europe and Japan) that pass Ora’s rigid quality standards for conducting ophthalmic clinical trials. OraNet sites are composed of ophthalmologists and their staff who are experienced across all ophthalmology specialties including dry eye disease, allergic conjunctivitis, glaucoma, cataract, and diseases of the retina.
Before joining OraNet, sites undergo our highly selective evaluation process that grades ophthalmology experience, skill sets, integrity, and organizational abilities.
- We identify sites with an unparalleled dedication to careful adherence of current Good Clinical Practice (cGCP) guidelines and requirements outlined by our Quality Compliance team.
- We choose sites with an experienced clinical staff that has both a passion for excellence in ophthalmology clinical research and the diligence necessary to successfully execute a clinical trial protocol from start to finish.
Once selected, OraNet sites are extensively trained and supported by our in-house clinical trial specialists who work closely with each site to instruct investigators and staff before the start of each new protocol and during the study to manage efficient trial execution and ensure protocol adherence. Access to Ora’s validated clinical models and scales standardizes study environments at OraNet sites, reduces variability among sites, and delivers more reliable clinical trial outcomes.
Site Feasibility and Selection
Ora selects sites based on the needs of your ophthalmology study. We will conduct feasibility and site selection based on your study design objectives and required patient population in order to ensure that the sites are of the highest quality to meet your goals.
Our team takes deliberate steps to set your study up for success:
- Identifies the sites with the required patient population
- Ensures sites are aware of all expectations, confirms bandwidth of resources (e.g. availability of dedicated coordinators) and works closely for planning enrollment timeframes
- Confirms timelines with selected sites during feasibility process
- Prepares the site for the first patient first visit (FPFV) milestone; facilitates site-targeted electronic medical record (EMR) database search to identify potential subjects early